Join me this Friday, July 3 at noon for a lunch break live Q&A session on Facebook and Instagram! Ask Carly is a chance for YOU to tell me what you want, what you really, really want (with money) and figure out a plan to get there. You can submit your question here.
Not sure what kind of question to ask? My specialty is helping people pay off debt and build savings.
Here Are Sample Ask Carly Questions:
- Help! I can’t seem to make any progress paying off debt, what am I doing wrong?
- Why should I (or shouldn’t I) rush to pay off low interest debt fast?
- What’s the fastest way to pay off debt (highest interest vs smallest debt)?
- Is it possible to pay off debt and still have a social life?
- I can’t pay the minimums on my debt! How can I cut my expenses to get back on track?
- I have a crazy student loan situation, grr! What can I do if I’m in deferment?
- Where can I find extra cash to pay off debt?
- How can I lower my interest rates? Is it smart to take out a loan and consolidate?
- I know NOTHING about investing. Where do I start?
- Is it better to contribute to my 401(k) or IRA? What’s the difference?
- With the pandemic, how do I need to adjust my investments?
- When can I retire (AKA what’s the dollar amount I need for my nest egg)?
- Is now a bad time to invest? How can I reduce risk with my investments?
- WTF?! Expenses keep popping up. How can I get ahead?
- My car, roof, phone, or ____ fill in the blank (crazy expensive thing) just broke. Uh. How can I pay for this?
- I’m stuck in the paycheck to paycheck cycle. I WANT OUT, teach me how!
- Oh snap. The pandemic hit me. I lost my job, now what?
- I want an emergency fund; is there a dollar amount I need?
- My emergency fund, isn’t earning interest. Where can I earn interest on my emergency fund?
Life Purchases: Home, Car, Travel, Starting a Family, etc.
- How do I know if I’m ready to buy a home?
- Home ownership feels out of reach, but I WANT a home! How can I save for a house?
- What costs can I expect when I buy a home? (I’ve heard closing costs are a BEAST!)
- How can I negotiate when I make a big purchase like a home or car?
- What’s the best way to finance a car? How much car can I afford?
- I have disposable income. Is it a waste to spend money on travel?
- I want to start a family, but the cost of child care freaks me out! How can I start a family and keep my finances in check?
Ask Carly is a place to tell me what you want (and figure out a plan on how to get there!).
Oh yes, I 100% choreographed a dance with friends recently to Spice Girls “Wannabe” for a virtual open mic night. So. much. fun. The lyrics are pure genius when it comes to reevaluating your finances. What do you want with money? Or as the song goes, “So, tell me what you want, what you really really want. I wanna -, I wanna-, I wanna-, I wanna-, I wanna really, really, really wanna zig-a-zig-aha!
What’s your zig-a-zig-aha?!
What outcomes do you want in your financial life? Goals aren’t do or die. Instead, think of goals as a target. You might not hit the bulls eye, but it’s the direction you’re heading for. It gives you permission to define what you really want and cuts you slack if you don’t achieve it 100%.
No one really knows what exactly a zig-a-zia-aha is. Don’t let that be the story of your life. Define your zig-a-zig-ah and what you really want . Once you know what you’re aiming for (paying off debt, buying a home, etc.), then it’s a matter of having a plan to get there.
More importantly, what questions do you have for me about achieving your zig-a-zig-aha? Submit your questions here to be answered LIVE!
Want more? Get started with a 1:1 money coaching session. I can answer your questions and work just with YOU! Money coaching sessions now will be available only at the end of each quarter. There are some slots left for the end of the second quarter. Get the details here and register to save your spot!